All this extra real estate does have its downsides however, and one problem that kept cropping up is cable length. The top USB port cables were just long enough to reach and still have enough left over for wire management. The audio cable however was too short. Either I'd need about a 6" extension or I'd have to run the cable diagonally across the motherboard. I opted to just leave it disconnected. All of the power wiring for the fans and LEDs is clearly labeled and the wires are long enough to get where needed and still have enough length to hide them out of the way.
Another problem I had was with my optical drive. Not only were my IDE and CD Audio cables too short, but the underside of the top mounted ports interfered when trying to install the drive in the top slot. I ended up putting it in the very bottom slot, which worked out just fine. I also discovered that with the power supply I was using, I did not have enough room to install a 120mm fan in the top blowhole position. The power supply is 7½" deep, only slightly longer than a normal ATX unit, however it is modular as well and the connectors were in the way. If I had a non-modular power supply it may have fit.
As I mentioned before, I could not remove the front panel blanks from the front. I had to punch out the tabs in the case and then remove the blanks from behind. The drive rails worked perfectly however, they snap on easily and hold the drives firmly in the bays. Although the front door is solid I still elected to install my iCage above the optical drive for additional cooling. There is a noticeable drop in airflow with the door closed. I taped down the temperature sensors for the LCD panel, one on top of the top hard drive and one on the PCB inside the CPU socket on the motherboard.
Everything else went very smooth. I did come across a few panel edges inside the case that were not rolled or finished, however aluminum doesn't have quite the same "bite" that steel does and I didn't end up with any cuts or scrapes.
On to final conclusion.