The Plus Deck 2c has the necessary controls for a tape deck... play, reverse, fast forward, fast reverse, stop and eject. Actually, there are two eject buttons. There is also a headphone jack and mic jack; I guess for someone that wants those up front but doesn't already have the capability. There is also a volume control similar to that on most optical drives. I should mention that there is not a "record" button. The Plus Deck 2c is a cassette player only; it does not have recording capability. It doesn't need recording capability, so it doesn't have it.
The Plus Deck 2C comes with lots of cables and something that fits in a PCI slot. I really hadn't thought much about what installation was going to entail but it will be a little more than just plugging in a wire or two. There is an installation disk and a use/installation manual. The manual is 60 pages, all in english. From the Plus Deck website:
- Plusdeck2 is a fully functional cassette deck for your computer. It is multi-functional and adds a whole new use to your computer.
- You can also listen to audio tapes on your computer. Listen to recorded lectures and take notes from recorded tapes using computer speakers or headphones.
- You can convert recorded sound from tapes into digital files and save it on computer. It is possible to convert, save and edit sounds in PC to CD, DVD or MP3 player. Build your audio collection.
- Instruction manual and software will smoothly guide you through the set-up and installation. Get the software updates free of charge from our website.
- Plusdeck2 offers you high quality sound using cutting-edge audio technology and a Full Logic Mechanism Deck, offered to you from one of the leading audio experts in Japan.
- It plays Auto Reverse. You can easily play on sides A and B of the tape without ejecting it.
- It is an internal drive that is easily installed in any 5.25 inch bay of your computer like a CD Drive.