MB: MSI 975x Platinum PowerUp Edition (Bios 7.0)
VGA: ATi Radeon X1900XTX 512MB
RAM: 2GB CORSAIR DDR2-667 PC2-5400 4-4-4-12, 1.9v
HDD1: WD 74GB Raptor (10K)
HDD2: WD 250GB Caviar (7.2K)
PSU: UTLRA X-Finity 600W
CASE: NZXT. Apollo (Orange)
Counter-Strike: Source DE_DUST
Counter-Strike: Source CS_MILITIA
“Real-Life” tests were recorded with FRAPS on 300 seconds of game-play (5 minutes). All benchmarks were taken at both stock speeds (650MHz Core, 1.55GHz Memory) and the highest overclock available through the Control Center (690MHz Core, 1.60GHz Memory).
I ran into a lot of problems with overclocking. Even at the modest overclock available through ATi's Control Center, the card would often crash and have to recover itself (without reboot) with a feature called “VPU Recover.”
I can see how this would ideally be a nice feature for trying to find the highest clock speeds available, but it instead makes it virtually impossible. After being sufficiently upset by this method, I moved on to ATi Tool. Not surprisingly, ATi Tool's unlimited sliders and “Find Max” features wanted to try the card at 750 MHz Core, 1.71GHz. This was not stable, and it turned out that the only perfectly stable speed I found was the original 690/800 found as maximum in the Control Center, but implemented through ATi Tool.